Thursday, June 23, 2011

Hats for Everyone!

I've decided to make a lot of hats this summer. There may be a few matching scarves and other items too, but mainly I've focused on hats because they are relatively quick and easy. Hopefully this will help me hone some skills, learn new stitches, and maybe build up some stock to start an etsy.com store.

To start with, though, I'm giving away the hats for free (to friends--sorry strangers). I put out the call for requests on facebook, and I've already got enough of a response that I felt the need to come here and start making a queue. I'd love for you to be able to fill out a request form and have it show up on a waiting list on the sidebar of this page. I haven't been able to find any pre-loaded gadgets for this, so I might have to make my own. Or I might just have to deal with the static list that I update manually which is already somewhere on the right sidebar.

For now, leave a comment to this post to request a hat. Let me know preferences for color, style, etc. And if you know the recipient's head circumference, that's ideal, but if not I'll use average sizes for adult/child/toddler/baby. There's a bit of stretch, so sizing isn't usually critical.

Here's the to-do list so far:
  1. Yellow newborn hat for Mich's soon-to-be daughter
  2. Brown bear hat with earflap ties for Fiona
  3. Dead Fish(?) for Paige
  4. unspecified hat for Christine
  5. adult beret (Sarah)
  6. baby frog (Sarah)
  7. toddler Dead Fish (Sarah)
  8. adult snow hat (Sarah)
Thanks for helping me learn to knit!

2 comments:

  1. Stef, I'm so glad you started a blog! Thanks for putting my requests on the list! I'm making you paper crafts and jewelry in exchange! If you have any requests for me please let me know :) ~Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. oh!!! i want one too!!! :)

    ReplyDelete